Thank you for enjoying the games we create. In order to create a better player experience for our entire community, we require all of our players to carefully review and accept the following General Considerations, Community Guidelines, and End User License Agreement. This not only helps us preserve a healthy and fun environment or all of our players, but it also allows us to continuously improve your player experience.
Please also review our Community Guidelines.
General Considerations and Definitions
For purposes of this Agreement, “Website” means blindsquirrelentertainment.com, driftersthegame.com, and all subpages thereto, including social media pages and accounts controlled by us (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, Discord, etc.), and digital storefronts operated by or through which Blind Squirrel’s Games are published, or any of our respective titles, or international storefronts where applicable (herein “Digital Storefronts”).
The term “Game” or “Games” means our interactive entertainment products, namely and including but not limited to “Drifters Loot the Galaxy”, including the game client and all versions thereof across all consoles and playable platforms, and also refers to all expansions, updates, and game keys for digital download, as well as all content and intellectual property embodied therein.
“Intellectual Property” means all copyrights, trademarks, patents and inventions, trade secrets, personality rights, and other proprietary rights commonly identified as “intellectual property rights” or pseudo-intellectual property rights by applicable foreign or domestic law, and by way of example but by no means a limitation of the foregoing includes: visual assets, Game code, artwork, music, audiovisual works, methods, processes, prototypes, technology, storyboards, characters, plot devises, slogans, logos, and any material distributed under confidentiality or non-disclosure restrictions.
“Platform” refers collectively, and at times individually, to (1) the Blind Squirrel launcher, downloader, and content delivery network (“CDN”), (2) the Blind Squirrel gaming services made available through the same, (3) each of the Games, (4) if and when applicable, authorized mobile or companion applications (“Mobile Apps”) relating to the Games and the Blind Squirrel gaming service, and (5) all features and components of each of them, whether installed or used on a computer or mobile device. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO INSTALL, COPY, OR USE THE PLATFORM.
“Services” mean all of the products and services offered by Blind Squirrel, including but not limited to our Games and in-game purchases, our website, community and social media accounts, customer support, technical support, and all others means by which you interact with Blind Squirrel and its products and services.
By accessing the Website, or downloading (including but not limited to any re-installation or duplicate installation of the Game, whereby your initial acceptance of these terms will apply to any future re-installation or duplicate installation) or purchasing the Game(s), you hereby accept the Community Guidelines, and End User License Agreement contained herein (collectively the “Agreements”) in full. Do not continue to use the Website or Game(s) if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions set forth below.
The following terminology applies to these Community Guidelines, Terms of Service, End User License Agreement, and any or related agreements referenced herein: "End User", “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website/game and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. "The Company", “Blind Squirrel”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and "Us", refers to our company, Blind Squirrel Entertainment, Inc. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the End User and ourselves, or either the End User or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the End User in the most appropriate manner, by any lawful means, for the express purpose of meeting the End User’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, United States and applicable international Law. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
End User License Agreement
1. Blind Squirrel Account
It is important that you ensure the security of your Blind Squirrel Account by not sharing your password with third parties. Blind Squirrel will never ask you for your password for any reason. We do allow you to change your password at any time and at your convenience.
Your Blind Squirrel Account is used to access the Platform and all of the features and Services available through our Platform. This is also how we keep track of your characters, game progress, player performance and player rankings, as well as any and all transactions, including in-game purchases and in-game currency purchases. All such purchases are tied to the Blind Squirrel Account through which you accessed such Service and may not be transferred to any other Blind Squirrel Account.
Blind Squirrel retains the right to monitor and/or record your communications when you use our Platform, and you acknowledge and agree that when you use our Services, you have no expectation that your communications will be private. Blind Squirrel shall have the right to disclose your communications for any reason, including: (a) to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (b) to enforce the terms of this Agreement or any other Blind Squirrel policy; (c) to protect Blind Squirrel’s legal rights and remedies; (d) to protect the health or safety of anyone that Blind Squirrel believes may be threatened; or (e) to report a crime or other offensive behavior.
Your use of the Platform and Services and your ability to access your Blind Squirrel Account or communicate with other players is governed by the End User License Agreement (the “EULA”), Community Guidelines, and those in-game policies Blind Squirrel may from time to time deploy or enforce at its sole and exclusive discretion. The Community Guidelines and EULA are not meant to be exhaustive. The Community Guidelines and EULA are incorporated into this Agreement by this reference as provided herein.
We retain exclusive rights for any and all of any and all State, Federal, and International intellectual property and proprietary rights in and to: (1) our Platform and all tools and applications therein, including but not limited to the CDN, Game launcher, downloading services, and transaction services; and (2) Games and all copies of our Games, including without limitation all copyrights, inventions, trademark rights, trade secret rights, trade dress rights, and any and all other intellectual property and proprietary rights embodied in or derived from our Platform or Games. We prohibit the copying, reproduction, and circumvention of technology of our Platform or Games beyond the terms of this license. The Blind Squirrel Platform, our Games and any technology embodied therein are licensed to you, as opposed to being sold or assigned to you, and your continued legal use of the Platform, Services and Games is contingent upon your compliance with this Agreement and the License Terms set forth below.
3. License Terms
If you accept and comply with the terms of this Agreement, Blind Squirrel will grant, and you will receive, a limited, revocable, non-sub licensable, and non-exclusive license to use the Platform subject to the “License Limitations,” set forth below, as follows:
• You may install applicable components or features of the Platform (including the Games) on one or more computers or mobile devices under your legitimate control.
• You may use the Platform for your personal and non-commercial entertainment purposes only, unless specifically allowed under the terms of this Agreement.
• You may not transfer your rights and obligations to use the Platform.
• If we make our Games available for purchase in a physical format through retailers on original media (e.g., on CD-ROM, DVD, etc.) you may permanently transfer all of your rights and obligations related to the use of a Game under this Agreement to another person who agrees to the terms of this Agreement by physically transferring the original media, original packaging, and all manuals or other documentation distributed with the Game provided that you permanently delete all copies and installations of the Game in your possession or control. You agree to be solely responsible for any taxes, fees, charges, duties, withholdings, assessments, and the like, together with any interest, penalties, and additions imposed in connection with such transfer. Other than as set forth above, Blind Squirrel does not recognize any purported transfer of the Games.
Some of the Games may be subject to specific license terms that may include the following:
• Trial or “Starter” versions of Games allow you to play a limited version of the Game before you will be required to purchase a Game license from Blind Squirrel. Licenses to use the full version of these Games can be purchased through the Platform.
• In certain cases, the “full version,” of Games can only be played after you purchase and add a Game license to your Account.
• You may play the Game(s) you have licensed at authorized publicly-available cyber cafés or computer gaming centers on the Platform through an Account registered to you.
• Certain Games may be obtained through the Platform, but may not be playable on the Platform. In such an event, the Game will be provided with a separate End User License Agreement that will govern your installation and use of the Game post purchase.
In all such cases and for any rights granted herein by Blind Squirrel, the following limitations apply:
• Except as otherwise set forth under this license, you may not modify, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce (except for one archival and backup copy as permitted by applicable laws), publish, license, create derivative works from, adapt, translate, sublicense, auction, rent, lease or sell all or any part of the Platform, Services, or Game. In addition, you may not hack, emulate, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any part of the Platform, Services or Game. All rights not expressly granted are reserved by us. You agree that you have no interest, monetary or otherwise, in any feature, content, or Intellectual Property contained in the Platform, Services or Game;
• You must comply with the Community Guidelines set forth below. Failure to comply with the Community Guidelines will result in the revocation of all rights set forth herein. Any breach substantial enough to cause harm to Blind Squirrel or a third party may be accompanied by the application of any and all legal rights and claims reserved by us herein;
• Absent a valid distribution Agreement between you and Blind Squirrel, you may not commercially exploit or otherwise make the Platform or Game available on any third-party network, FTP, internet website, torrent site, file-sharing service, intranet, or “cloud”, whereby individuals other than you may download and install the Platform or stand-alone Game products. You further agree that you will not link to any such third-party network, torrent, FTP, file-sharing service, intranet, or “cloud” that is not legally owned by us or our distributors. For the sake of clarity, “commercially exploit” as used herein includes offers to perform in-Game services for other End Users in exchange for payment outside of the Game;
• You may not use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, mods or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the Platform, Services, or in-Game experience;
• You may not use any unauthorized third-party software that intercepts, “mines,” or otherwise collects information from or through the Platform, Services or Game, including without limitation any software that reads areas of RAM used by the Game to store information about a character or the game environment; provided, however, that we may, at our sole and absolute discretion, allow the use of certain third-party user interfaces;
• You may not modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of the Platform, Services or Game in any way not expressly authorized by us;
• You may not provide or develop matchmaking services for the Platform or Game, or intercept, emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by us in any way, for any purpose, including without limitation unauthorized play over the internet, network play, or as part of content aggregation networks;
• You may not facilitate, create or maintain any unauthorized connection to the Platform, Game or the Service, including without limitation (a) any connection to any unauthorized server that emulates, or attempts to emulate, the Service; and (b) any connection using programs or tools not expressly approved by us;
• You may not violate any applicable law or regulation in connection with your use of the Platform, Services, or Game; and
• disrupt or assist in the disruption of (i) any computer used to support the Service (each a “Server”); or (ii) any other End User’s Game experience. ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DISRUPT THE SERVICE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PLATFORM OR GAME CLIENT MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS.
4. Community Guidelines
Our community guidelines explain limits and restraints on end user behavior that may bring harm to our community. These guidelines may be updated from time to time, and different versions of the community guidelines may exist in connection with specific social media or engagements, digital communities, or digital platforms, and may be updated from time to time. By entering into these Agreements and accepting the Community Guidelines, you agree to comply with the following:
• Nothing you share with the Community, including but not limited to User Generated Content or User Comments, may contain content that infringes on the intellectual property rights (including copyright, trademark, and patent rights), proprietary rights, trade secrets, personality rights, contract rights or restrictions, or other right of any third party;
• To the extent that any third-party content is embodied in any content you share with the Community, including but not limited to User Generated Content and User Comments, you have acquired the necessary rights and licenses to reproduce the same;
• You will NOT harass other users. Harassment includes but is not limited to:
o Publicly disclosing personally identifiable information of another End User or member of the Community;
o Stalking, doxing, or otherwise infringing on the privacy of any member of the Community;
o Disparaging, defaming, name-calling, or engaging in any form of discrimination against another member of the Community;
o Engaging in any act of sexual misconduct, including but not limited to sexual innuendo, sharing sexually explicit content (including but not limited to sexually explicit content in User Generated Content or User Comments), or making offensive or inappropriate advances or comments to a member of the Community;
o Making false claims, tickets, or reports about events or any third party, regardless of their standing with the Community or Intrepid; or
o Using exploits, hacks, or third party tools to obtain an unfair advantage against other members of the Community in-Game.
• You agree that the list of conduct identified as harassment above is not exhaustive. We reserve the right to determine what constitutes “harassment” in our sole and exclusive discretion.
• You will not engage in acts of revenge, disparagement or retaliation against us for any feature contained in or modification made to our Games that you dislike. Your sole remedy for that is to stop playing that Game;
• You will not engage in solicitation or advertise other products or services to the Community without our prior consent (e-mail is sufficient);
• You may not commercially distribute, sell, or otherwise commercially exploit User Generated Content (including video streaming) without our prior consent (e-mail is sufficient).
5. User Comments and Feedback
Our Community offers various opportunities to interact and share your opinions and thoughts with us and other End Users in Game or via our forum, social media pages, Discord, through the Game’s Steam page and other online storefronts, or via other Community initiatives. However, please note that the opinions or views expressed, or statements made to the Community (other than by Blind Squirrel’s employees, officers, or verified community leaders) via posts, user comments, feedback, “wiki” entries, online chat (via Discord or comparable social media outlets), or via the communication features of the Game (collectively referred to herein as “User Comments”), do not reflect the opinions or views of Blind Squirrel.
We do not review, edit or modify User Comments prior to their publication to the Community. However, we reserve the right to remove or modify any User Comments shared with the Community for any reason. By sharing User Comments and accepting the terms of the Community Guidelines provided in Section 4, you acknowledge that we may make such deletions or changes without notice to you, nor is any such change or removal subject to review, appeal or revocation.
You retain ownership in your User Comments and all Intellectual Rights contained therein, provided such User Comments do not contain Feedback as defined below. We may from time to time publicly share or redistribute User Comments on our Website, or through other Community channels, press releases, or promotional and marketing materials. You hereby grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual and irrevocable right and license us to use your User Comments in connection with the promotion of the Game.
We appreciate any feedback, suggestions, improvements, constructive criticism, or ideas you may have in connection with the Game or Website, or any other communications directed by you to Blind Squirrel (“Feedback”). However, we cannot guarantee that the Feedback you provide has not already occurred to us. By submitting Feedback to us, you hereby assign all right, title, and interest in and to the Feedback to Blind Squirrel, including but not limited to Intellectual Property rights. To the extent that any such rights cannot be assigned under applicable US or international law, you hereby waive your existing or future rights and release us from any and all claims arising from our use of your Feedback.
6. User Generated Content
We encourage our End Users to create and share your fan art, fan fiction, video montages, Let's Play videos, and other creative content with our Community (herein "User Generated Content"). We also encourage streaming and recording your game play and sharing it with the community or through social media video streaming services such as YouTube.com or Twitch.tv--for the purpose of these Agreements, we also consider your streams and videos containing our Game "User Generated Content". For clarity, any non-commercial use restriction referenced in the License portion of this Agreement does not refer to any gameplay that is publicly performed by you on a streaming platform, regardless of your status on that platform (affiliates, partners, and ambassadors are welcome). We only ask that, as a courtesy, you send us a note or @ us in a tweet to let us know when you're streaming so we have a chance to support and promote those who are supporting and promoting our Game.
We want you to create and express yourself freely, and you retain all rights in and to your User Generated Content. By sharing your User Generated Content with the Community, you grant us an unrestricted, irrevocable, non-exclusive and universal right and license to reproduce, modify, and redistribute your User Generated Content solely in connection with our Games.
However, User Generated Content shared with the Community must comply with our Community Guidelines and our End User License Agreement. Failure to comply with any of the terms contained therein may result in our banning your IP or otherwise restricting your access to the Game and whatever other legal remedies may be available to us, including issuing take downs to the appropriate service providers due to the breach of the licenses and rights granted to you herein.
Please note that you may only use our trademarks and logos as provided herein and in reference to our products and Services, and for no other purpose.
7. Infringing Content
To the extent possible under International Law, Blind Squirrel is not liable for any copyright infringement arising from any User Generated Content shared with the Community or through our Games or Website. However, under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 we are able to provide the lawful owners of copyrighted works recourse in the event that their copyrights are infringed. If you believe that your copyrights are being violated by User Generated Content, User Comments, or other materials located in our Game or on our Website or other Community channels under our direct control, please contact us so that we may investigate your claims and, if appropriate, modify or remove the infringing material. We require the following information before we are able to investigate your claim:
1. An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright;
2. A description of the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed;
3. A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located or identified on the Website or in the Game or Community channels under our direct control, including a verifiable link to the material;
4. Your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
5. A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law, and is not a permissible “fair use” of your work; and
6. A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information submitted to us is accurate and that you are the owner of the copyright or authorized to act on the owner's behalf.
The above information should be provided to our Registered DMCA agent for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement, who can be reached by emailing
If you believe your content has been taken down pursuant to the above procedures in error, we require the following information sent to the agent referenced above before we can investigate your claim or re-post your content:
1. Your physical or electronic signature;
2. your name, address, and phone number;
3. identification of the material and its location before it was removed;
4. a statement under penalty of perjury that the material was removed by mistake or misidentification;
5. your consent to the jurisdiction of a federal court in the district where you live (if you are in the U.S.), or your consent to the jurisdiction of a federal court in the district where your service provider is located (if you are not in the U.S.); and
6. your consent to accept service of process from the party who submitted the takedown notice.
8. In Game Purchases
Virtual Goods. You may purchase virtual items and, if available, virtual currency through the Games and/or Platform marketplace if you have a valid, active Account (the “Virtual Storefront”). The Virtual Storefront allows you to pay for a license of various in-game virtual items through the Service. The Virtual Storefront is provided through our Platform and Website, and you may purchase, access, and make use of our virtual goods through “cash” (fiat currency) purchase, by submitting a pre-paid code through the Site, or through gameplay and your use of the Service. Blind Squirrel has the right to, and may limit the amount of virtual items you can purchase or that you can maintain in your Blind Squirrel Account at any given time. We may also provide you with virtual items as a part of a promotion, or through other means, such as for completing certain quests or achievements through your participation in the Service or Blind Squirrel-sponsored contests or sweepstakes. You agree that you will be solely responsible for paying any applicable taxes related to the acquisition or use of, or access to virtual items. You are solely responsible for verifying that the correct amount and type of virtual items that have been added to or deducted from your Blind Squirrel Account for each virtual good transaction. ALL IN-GAME PURCHASES ARE FINAL, and Blind Squirrel does not provide refunds for virtual good transactions. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may contact Blind Squirrel to apply an in game credit or to cure any material deficiencies in the Game Asset(s), provided you are able to verify that the Game Asset(s) purchased through your Blind Squirrel Account were not delivered, accessible, or otherwise unavailable due to a bug or error in the Game Asset(s) or the Game itself, and provided such deficiency is caused by Blind Squirrel.
Game Assets; Prohibition on Out of Service Exchange. You hereby acknowledge and agree that you have no claim, right, title, proprietary or ownership interest in any of the virtual goods, virtual currencies or other in game asset or purchase (“Game Asset(s)”) regardless of any consideration offered or paid in exchange for those game assets; and Blind Squirrel shall not be liable in any manner for the destruction, deletion, modification, impairment, hacking of or any other damage or loss of any kind caused to any of the Game Assets, including, but not limited to, deletion of game assets upon the termination or expiration of your account.
You may obtain certain Game Assets through gameplay or through using virtual items. Some Game Assets you obtain may have expiration dates, and they will no longer appear in your Blind Squirrel Account upon the expiration date. You acknowledge and agree that Blind Squirrel may change, modify, “nerf,” delete, remove or otherwise alter the appearance, function, use and/or properties of any Game Assets at any time, in its sole discretion.
You agree that you will not buy, sell or trade, or offer to buy, sell or trade, any Game Assets, except that you may trade certain in-game items (e.g., houses, armor, weapons, consumables) for other in-game items and/or in-game currency in an in-game transaction expressly permitted by Blind Squirrel (e.g., an authorized transaction using an in-game auction house or Blind Squirrel sanctioned in-game item trade between Blind Squirrel Account holders). For the avoidance of doubt, and in no way limiting the foregoing, you are prohibited from offering for sale or purchasing any Game Assets (whether or not held by Blind Squirrel Accounts registered to you) outside of the Service, through a website, or any other medium, or exchanging Game Assets, whether inside or outside the Service, for anything of value outside the Service or in the real world.
Blind Squirrel Account Termination (No Refunds). Blind Squirrel reserves the right to reduce, liquidate, deactivate, suspend or terminate your Account and/or Game Assets (including, without limitation, virtual items, housing, characters and guild halls) or access thereto if we suspect, after investigation, that you have used any aspect of the Service to conduct any fraudulent or illegal activity, or to otherwise employ any "cheats", "hacks", or other exploitations of the Service not intended by Blind Squirrel. It is important to note that in no event will you be entitled to a refund in any event of account termination or deactivation, regardless of the reason.
No Account Transfers/Sales. Accounts are registered to you personally and may not be sold, traded, gifted or otherwise transferred at any time under any circumstances.
Fees and Payment Processing. Our Game may be purchased through multiple channels such as Steam or through our Website, but Game Assets may only be purchased through our Website or Game(s). Additionally, all in-game purchases, including but not limited to Virtual Storefront purchases, will be payable through our payment processing and item delivery system. You agree to pay all fees and applicable taxes incurred by you or anyone using a Blind Squirrel Account you registered. Blind Squirrel may revise the pricing for its Games and all in-game purchases at any time. Unless otherwise noted, all currency references are in U.S. dollars. All fees and charges are payable in accordance with payment terms in effect at the time the fee or the charge becomes payable. If there is a dispute regarding payment of fees to, or services or products by, Blind Squirrel, your Blind Squirrel Account may be suspended or closed without warning or notice at the sole discretion of Blind Squirrel.
9. Third Party Software
Blind Squirrel relies on third party licensors and software in connection with providing the Platform and Games. By way of example, but by no means a limitation of the foregoing, Blind Squirrel has integrated Easy Anti-Cheat, offered by Epic Games, Inc., to provide cheat prevention services for our Games (“AC Software”). Except to the extent required for your operation and use of the Platform and Games, you may not: (i) use, copy, reproduce, integrate, distribute, display, perform, adapt, enhance, modify, alter, create derivative works of, or otherwise exploit the AC Software; (ii) decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise determine or attempt to determine source code (or the underlying ideas, algorithms, structure, or organization) of the AC Software; or (iii) assign, sublicense, or otherwise transfer the AC Software. You are prohibited from any effort to reverse engineer or otherwise circumvent any rights related technology in the AC Software, and you are further prohibited from offering the AC Software as a stand-alone product.
Any attempt to circumvent, modify, or alter the AC Software in connection with the Platform or Games will result in the immediate termination of your Account, and Blind Squirrel preserves any and all other legal rights and claims, including but not limited claims by third party licensors.
10. Ownership and Independent Origin
All characters, events, and portrayals contained in the Platform, Services and Game(s) are purely fictional and any resemblance to real events or real individuals whether alive or dead is purely coincidental. We do not claim any rights or interest in or to existing trademarks, trade names, personalities or likenesses that may incidentally resemble an existing product, service, or person. Furthermore, we do not claim any right, obligation, or liability in and to User Generated Content or third-party content otherwise made available in the Game. The rights in and to any such thirdparty content remains with its respective owners.
Website and Terms of Service
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our Website and the use of this Website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
• limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
• limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
• limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
• exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the Website and the information and services on the Website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
The Blind Squirrel trademarks (“Blind Squirrel Marks”) may only be used: (1) in connection with the activities listed as acceptable in the Community Guidelines; AND (2) when the applicable Blind Squirrel policy associated with that activity specifically references your right to use the Blind Squirrel Marks pursuant to this policy. For instance, the fan site, community eSports tournament and custom maps policies all permit the use of Blind Squirrel Marks pursuant to this policy.
• You may use the Blind Squirrel Marks only for non-commercial purposes, except as permitted by the applicable policy.
• The Blind Squirrel Marks may only be used in connection with high quality materials (e.g., websites, custom maps, etc.).
• Use the appropriate trademark symbol (™, ®) listed below the first time that a Blind Squirrel Mark appears in your material (e.g. “Blind Squirrel®”).
• You should provide credit to Blind Squirrel by using the credit lines associated with the Blind Squirrel Marks that you use (please see the User Generated Content section under our EULA).
• alter a Blind Squirrel logo other than to adjust the overall size of the logo;
• modify or alter a Blind Squirrel Mark or logo or use them in a way that confuses Blind Squirrel or its games with another brand, game, or game developer/publisher.
• use a Blind Squirrel Mark in a plural or possessive form;
• use a Blind Squirrel Mark or logo or any other confusingly similar marks on any apparel, product, toy, or any other merchandise;
• use a Blind Squirrel Mark in conjunction with your name or any other trademark or trade name, e.g. “BonBon’s Drifters”.
• You may not use the Blind Squirrel Marks in a way that is deceptive, harmful, obscene or disparaging to others.
• You may not present or feature a Blind Squirrel Mark on websites containing content or advertising associated with pornography, gambling, or illegal activities.
• use a Blind Squirrel Mark in the domain name of your website's URL;
• apply for trademark registration of a product, service, etc., with a name that includes an Blind Squirrel Mark or, any variation thereof;
• use a Blind Squirrel Mark in a manner that, in Blind Squirrel’s sole opinion, is unlawful, misleading, defamatory, obscene, infringing, tortious, disparaging, abusive, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate; and
• use a Blind Squirrel Mark in any manner than implies a relationship with, sponsorship, or endorsement by Blind Squirrel, unless otherwise authorized by Blind Squirrel in writing.
ALL INFORMATION, CONTENT, SERVICES, AND MATERIAL AVAILABLE VIA THE PLATFORM, SERVICES OR GAME AND RELATED SOFTWARE THEREIN, INCLUDING THE ENGINE LICENSED TO BLIND SQUIRREL BY EPIC GAMES, INC., ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THE NON-INFRINGEMENT OF ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHT.
BLIND SQUIRREL AND ITS LICENSORS AND DISTRIBUTORS DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE PRIVACY AND INTEGRITY OF THE COMPUTER RESOURCES YOU USE TO OPERATE THE PLATFORM, SERVICES OR GAMES. NEITHER WE NOR OUR LICENSORS OR DISTRIBUTORS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR OTHER OMISSIONS IN ANY CONNECTION, DATA EXCHANGE OR OTHER INTERACTION THAT YOU MAY EXPERIENCE WHEN YOU USE THE PLATFORM OR GAME, REGARDLESS OF CAUSE (I.E., ANY SYSTEM FAILURE, SERVER ACCESS LOSS, OR DATA BREACH RESULTING FROM ANY CAUSE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ACTS OF GOD, NATURE OR OTHER CAUSES (BY WAY OF EXAMPLE, BUT BY NO MEANS A LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING, EVENTS SUCH AS WAR, EMBARGO, DISTURBANCE IN THE FORCE, HOSTILE DOMINATION BY UNKNOWN SENTIENT OR BORG LIFE FORMS, OR ANY BACTERIA, VIRUS, OR OTHER UNKNOWN INFECTION OR PATHOGEN THAT RESULTS IN ANY COMMUNICABLE DISEASE THAT CAUSES LIFE TERMINATION AND THE SUBSEQUENT REANIMATION OF BODILY FUNCTION ACCOMPANIED BY LIMITED BRAIN ACTIVITY, AS WELL AS AN INSATIABLE URGE FOR HUMAN FLESH). NEITHER WE NOR OUR LICENSORS OR DISTRIBUTORS SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT OF ANY USERS OR COMPUTERS THAT CONNECT (INCLUDING THOSE INFECTED BY THE ABOVE REFERENCED DISEASE), EXCHANGE DATA, OR OTHERWISE INTERACT WITH YOU OR YOUR COMPUTER AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE GAMES.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOUR USE AND PURCHASE OF THE PLATFORM AND GAMES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR ABILITY TO PLAY THE GAME WILL BE TIMELY, SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED OR DEFECT-FREE. IN NO EVENT WILL WE (INCLUDING OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, PERSONNEL, AGENTS, OR EMPLOYEES) NOR OUR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF USE OR LOSS OF DATA, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF PURCHASE OR USE OF THE PLATFORM OR GAMES. IN NO EVENT WILL YOU BE ENTITLED TO A REFUND OR CHARGEBACK FOR YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM OR GAMES.
Term and Termination
Term. This Agreement is effective upon your creation of a Blind Squirrel Account, and shall remain in effect until it is terminated or superseded by a new or updated version of this EULA, or, if neither of the foregoing events occur, as long as you continue using our Services. In the event that Blind Squirrel chooses to cease providing the Services, or license to a third party the right to provide the Services, Blind Squirrel shall provide you with no less than thirty (30) days’ prior notice. Neither the Services nor Blind Squirrel’s agreement to provide access to the Services shall be considered a rental or lease of time on the capacity of Blind Squirrel’s servers or other technology.
Termination. You are entitled to terminate this Agreement at any time by notifying Blind Squirrel by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blind Squirrel reserves the right to terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason, or for no reason, with or without notice to you. For purposes of explanation and not limitation, most Blind Squirrel Account suspensions and terminations are the result of violations of this Agreement. In case of minor violations of these rules, Blind Squirrel may provide you with a prior warning and/or suspend your use of the Blind Squirrel Account due to your non-compliance prior to terminating the Agreement or modifying or deleting a Blind Squirrel Account.
In the event of a termination of this Agreement, any right you may have had to any pre-purchased Game access or virtual goods, such as digital cards, currency, weapons, armor, wearable items, skins, sprays, pets, mounts, etc., are forfeit, and you agree and acknowledge that you are not entitled to any refund for any amounts which were pre-paid on your Blind Squirrel Account prior to any termination of this Agreement. In addition, you will not be able to use the Services.
Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by, and will be construed under, the laws of the United States of America and the law of the State of California, without regard to choice of law principles. The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods to this Agreement is expressly excluded. Users who access the Services from outside of the United States are responsible for compliance with all applicable local laws.
Embargos. Neither the Game nor Services may be used, re-exported, downloaded or otherwise exported into (or to a national or resident of) any country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods, or to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Denial Orders. You represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
Assignment. Blind Squirrel may assign this Agreement, in whole or in part, to any person or entity at any time with or without your consent. You may not assign this Agreement without Blind Squirrel’s prior written consent. Your assignment of this Agreement without Blind Squirrel’s prior written consent shall be void.
No Waiver. Blind Squirrel’s failure to enforce a provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a (1) waiver of such provision, or (2) diminishment of any right to enforce such provisions. Further, Blind Squirrel may choose to waive enforcement of a provision of this Agreement in a particular instance; however, you are still obligated to comply with that waived provision in the future.
Force Majeure. Blind Squirrel shall not be deemed in default of this Agreement to the extent that performance of its obligations are delayed or prevented by reason of any act of God, pandemic, fire, natural disaster, accident, act of government, shortages of material or supplies, power outage, embargo, warfare, strike, or any other cause reasonably beyond Blind Squirrel’s control.
Severability. If any part of this Agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, then that portion shall be severed, and the remainder of this Agreement shall be given full force and effect.
Entire Agreement. This EULA, along with Blind Squirrel’s other applicable agreements contained herein, constitutes and contains the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any prior oral or written agreements.
Survival. All provisions reasonably necessary to preserve any and all rights and available claims by Blind Squirrel survive termination of this Agreement for any reason.